There is nothing better than experiencing the fall in Maine. It is the best time of year in our opinion - between the beautiful foliage along the coast, great breweries and food scene - there is so much to enjoy!
Now that it is finally starting to feel like fall here, we thought we would share our Maine Fall Favorites list for this year! Check out our list below:
1) Watch the sunrise at The Portland Head Light. We checked this off our list a week ago when we set our alarms for 5:30 am to experience the sunrise at The Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth, and boy was it worth it! Despite being 40 degrees and very dark out at first, once we had a few sips of Starbucks and climbed the rocks to see the incredible orange sky against the rocky coast, it was definitely worth the trek. It was hard to believe something this stunning was within a 20 minute drive of Portland!
2) Book a fall getaway up north. If you live in the Portland area there are so many amazing spots nearby to stay for a weekend away - Camden/Rockport, Boothbay or a weekend at Sugarloaf during the off season where there are hiking trails, restaurants and endless outdoor activities.
3) Go apple/pumpkin picking. It is always so worth it to pick some fresh apples and pumpkins for decorating. We recently went to Rocky Ridge Orchard in Bowdoin, Maine.
4. Go on a brewery tour. We also checked this off our list a few weeks ago after touring Allagash Brewing Co. This is fun to do with a group, but make sure you book your tickets ahead as the tours book up fast! The tours are free and throughout the tour you can sample a few of their best beers.
5. Eat at some new restaurants in Portland. Now that the summer crowds are thinning out - it is the perfect time to eat at that new restaurant you have been wanting to check out or one of the popular spots you haven't been to yet. A few we have on our list - Little Giant, Eventide, Fore Street, Lolita & Emilitsa.
6. Get your favorite fall coffee. If you are anything like us we love a pumpkin spice latte or chai tea this time of year. A few of our favorite coffee shops to enjoy - Bard, The Holy Donut, Bam Bam Bakery and Arabica.